If you can dream it, you can do it to help empower, employ, and engage veterans for their next mission. The resources below will quickly turn you into a fundraising pro and get you on the path to achieving the greatest impact for America’s wounded warriors.
Start your fundraising journey with the resources below, and if you ever need more support along the way, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at WWPfundraise@woundedwarriorproject.org. We’re here for you!
DOWNLOAD THE STUDENT AMBASSADORS GUIDE
Start here! This Student Ambassadors Toolkit will be your best friend for getting your school event organized. Download the document and save/print for easy access. Log in to your Dashboard for even more Student Ambassador planning documents.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ONLINE FUNDRAISING PAGE
Woohoo, you’ve registered your fundraiser! Now let’s start at the beginning by setting up your fundraising page. This is your personal online space to share how your school is raising money and all of the unique details about your fundraiser.
Log in to your Dashboard and then complete these quick start steps:
- Make the first donation
- Add a photo
- Set a fundraising goal
- Customize your page message with fundraising details
TOP FUNDRAISING TIPS
If you’re new to fundraising, welcome! Here are some of our favorite tips to keep in mind throughout your journey:
- Establish your “why” and share it. Why did you choose to start a fundraiser for Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) with your school or on campus? The heart and passion behind your fundraiser will inspire fellow students and keep everyone motivated toward the main goal. Write your “why” in the message space on your fundraising page, and incorporate it into your fundraising outreach.
- Choose a fundraising idea that’s FUN. Fundraising should be fun! You’re raising money for a serious, life-changing cause, but we want you to have fun along the way. Whether you host a penny war or pep rally or organize a talent show or greek life showdown, choose an idea that’s fun for everyone involved. You’ll be sure to attract more supporters and build a community whose passionate about making a difference when you’re having fun!
- Rally toward a goal & give incentives. Set a fundraising goal from the beginning! This will give everyone a rallying target and will also be a great motivator for your donors. Consider giving fun incentives such as extra credit, casual dress days, etc., to encourage participation. Be sure to give updates along the way on how much you’ve raised and be sure to celebrate when the goal is reached!
- Share about WWP. Every dollar you raise provides life-changing programs and services that empower wounded warriors as they take on their next mission in life. Use the talking points below to share how donations will make a difference. For more information on our programs, visit our How We Help section.
- Say thank you. A heartfelt thank you goes a long way. Whether it’s a handwritten card, a message on social media, a thank-you email or phone call, be sure to thank your donors for their generosity.
Need more ideas? Download these Fundraising Ideas from A to Z.
SHARE THE WWP IMPACT
Use these WWP Talking Points when sharing the impact of your fundraiser and where the money goes:
- Because of you, Wounded Warrior Project is transforming the way America’s injured veterans are empowered, employed, and engaged in our communities.
- Warriors never pay a penny for WWP programs — because they paid their dues on the battlefield.
- Every warrior has unique challenges and goals. That’s why Wounded Warrior Project provides a variety of life-changing programs and services in mental health, career counseling, and long-term rehabilitative care.
Utilize video to share the WWP mission — to honor and empower wounded warriors — with your guests at your event or leading up to your event:
SPREAD THE WORD
Now it’s time to share your fundraiser with the world! Here are some best practices and ideas to help:
- Make it visible. Download and customize this interactive flyer to post on campus.
- Send emails. Emails are a great way to keep in touch with all students involved in the fundraiser. Use the email templates in your Dashboard for tips on where to start with email content.
- Send a letter. For younger participants, consider sending a printed letter home for students to share with their parents.
- Add a spotlight to your school's website. Reach out to your school’s web team and see if they’d consider adding a website banner/spotlight about the fundraiser with a link to your fundraising page. Share with them details about your event and the School Ambassadors logo (found in your Dashboard).
- High school and college events: use social media. Share the link to your fundraising page with creative social media posts leading up to your fundraiser day! Encourage all students involved to use social media to help spread the word. Also consider reaching out to your school or college’s social media team for added exposure. Tap into the many preloaded posts and scripts in your Dashboard.
We’d love to have a WWP representative join you at your event, if possible! Complete our WWP Representative Request Form to submit a request.