Ready to turn your casual Saturday game or classy company tournament into one that gives back? The resources below will quickly turn you into a fundraising pro and get you on the path to achieving the greatest impact for America’s wounded warriors.
Start your planning process with the resources below, and if you ever need more support along the way, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] Consider us your trusted caddy.
DOWNLOAD THE GOLF GUIDES
Start here! This Getting Started Guide and Golf Tournament Planning Checklist will be your best friends for getting your golf event organized. Download the documents and save/print for easy access.
As you continue organizing your golf event, log in to your Dashboard for even more golf planning documents such as: Tournament Foursome Registration, Tournament Tee Times, etc.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ONLINE FUNDRAISING PAGE
Woohoo, you’ve registered your golf event! Now let’s set up your online fundraising page. This is your personal space to share why you are raising money and all of the unique details about the big day.
Log in to your Dashboard and then complete these quick start steps:
- Make the first donation
- Add a photo
- Set a fundraising goal
- Customize your page message with details about the golf event
TOP FUNDRAISING TIPS
If you’re new to fundraising, welcome! Here are some of our favorite tips to keep in mind throughout your journey:
- Establish your “why” and share it. Why did you choose to start a golf event for the Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP)? Your heart and passion behind your fundraiser will inspire others and keep you motivated toward your goal. Write your “why” in the message space on your fundraising page, and incorporate it into your fundraising outreach.
- Have FUN. Just like golf, fundraising should be fun! You’re raising money for a serious, life-changing cause, but we want you to have fun along the way. You’ll be sure to attract more supporters and build a community whose passionate about making a difference when you’re having fun!
- Rally toward a goal. Set a fundraising goal from the beginning! This will give you a rallying target and will also be a great motivator for your donors. Give updates along the way on how much you’ve raised and be sure to celebrate the final amount raised on golf day!
- Share about WWP. Every dollar you raise provides life-changing programs and services that empower wounded warriors as they take on their next mission in life. Use the talking points below to share how donations will make a difference. For more information on our programs, visit our How We Help section.
- Say thank you. A heartfelt thank you goes a long way. Whether it’s a handwritten card, a message on social media, a thank you email or phone call, be sure to thank your golfers and donors for their generosity.
Need more ideas on how to incorporate fundraising into your golf event? Download these Fundraising Ideas from A to Z.
SHARE THE WWP IMPACT
Use these WWP Talking Points when sharing the impact of your fundraiser and where the money goes:
- Because of you, Wounded Warrior Project is transforming the way America’s injured veterans are empowered, employed, and engaged in our communities.
- Warriors never pay a penny for WWP programs — because they paid their dues on the battlefield.
- Every warrior has unique challenges and goals. That’s why Wounded Warrior Project provides a variety of life-changing programs and services in mental health, career counseling, and long-term rehabilitative care.
- Utilize video to share the WWP mission — to honor and empower wounded warriors — with your guests at your event or leading up to your event:
SPREAD THE WORD
Now it’s time to recruit golfers, sponsors, and donors! Here are some best practices and ideas to help:
- Make it visible. Download and customize this interactive flyer to post at your work, local coffee shops, grocery stores, churches, etc.
- Use social media. Share the link to your fundraising page with fun social media posts leading up to tournament day! Social media is one of the best places to use to get the word out. Tap into the many preloaded posts and scripts in your Dashboard.
- Send emails. Emails are a great way to reach out to family and friends in an even more personalized way. Use the email templates in your Dashboard for tips on where to start with email content.
We’d love to have a WWP representative join you at your event, if possible! Complete our Warriors Speak Request Form to submit a request.
Not registered? Start your own golf tournament for Wounded Warrior Project today.